Building: Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Building Division office is located in City Hall at 2355 Trane Rd., Bullhead City, AZ  86442.  Building staff can be reached by calling (928) 763-0124.  Faxes can be sent to (928) 763-0131.

For answers to many frequently asked questions click to be connected to "Your Direct Line to City Hall".

Question: Do I need to hire a licensed contractor to work on my home or can I do the work myself?

Answer: Due to the many variables in today's contracting, the Bullhead City Building Department urges the public to contact the State of Arizona Registrar of Contractors office for a complete answer on this issue. The Registrars office issues the license for all types of contracting and enforces the laws which the contractors as well as "owner-builders" and handymen work under. This office can also provide you with information on a contractor you may be thinking of hiring to do work for you. Prior to hiring a contractor it's a good practice to check with other people who the contractor has done work for and get their input on the work that was done and if they are happy with the work.

Arizona Registrar of Contractors                        or contact them on the web at

1700 W. Washington St. Suite 105
Phoenix, Arizona 85007-2812
Telephone: (602) 542-1525
Fax: (602) 542-1599