The Bullhead City Council, at a Regular Meeting on July 24, 2018, adopted Resolution No. 2018R-42 designating November 6, 2018, as the date for holding a General Election in Bullhead City to propose the question of authorizing the purchase and acquisition of Epcor Water in Bullhead City, and the issuance and sale of bonds to purchase the property.
OFFICIAL BALLOT LANGUAGE
PURCHASE AND ACQUISITION OF
ANY OR ALL PLANT OR PROPERTY OF EPCOR WATER ARIZONA, INC.
INCLUDING BOND AUTHORIZATION
Shall the City of Bullhead City, Arizona (the “City”), be authorized to purchase and acquire any plant or property or portion of plant or property of EPCOR Water Arizona, Inc., (or any legal successor) in and around City corporate limits devoted to the business of and services and enterprises rendered by a public utility, which authority shall include for such purposes, and to pay all expenses incidental to any of the foregoing and to the issuance and sale of bonds, the issuance and sale of bonds payable from rates charged for service to the public from such business, services and enterprises (not from a property tax); such bonds to be in the principal amount of not to exceed $200,000,000 and such bonds or any series thereof to mature not more than 30 years from their date and to bear interest at a rate or rates not to exceed 7% per annum, payable at the times determined by the Council of the City?
FOR THE ACQUISITION AND BONDS ____
AGAINST THE ACQUISITION AND BONDS ____
CALL FOR ARGUMENTS
In order to submit an argument FOR or AGAINST the measure, please follow the instructions below:
1) Arguments must include the heading: “Argument FOR Proposition 410” or “Argument AGAINST Proposition 410”, whichever applies. Only one Argument FOR or one argument AGAINST may be included as a single submission.
2) Arguments must include a signature block and be notarized.
• If the argument is submitted by an individual, the person must sign as an individual.
• If the argument is submitted by an organization, it must contain the signatures of two of the officers of the organization.
• If the argument is submitted by a political committee, it must contain the signature of the committee’s chair or treasurer.
3) Each argument must be accompanied by the street or mailing address of the submitting party along with a telephone number or email address. This information will not be posted with the argument unless the submitting party specifically directs in writing with the submission that the contact information be included.
4) Arguments are limited to 300 words, not including the required heading or signature block.
5) Arguments must be prepared in 12 point font.
6) A $100.00 publication fee will be required upon submission of each argument. Checks should be made payable to the “City of Bullhead City.”
7) Arguments and the $100.00 publication fee are due to the City Clerk by no later than 5:00 p.m., August 8, 2018, at Bullhead City Hall, 2355 Trane Road, Bullhead City. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Arguments must be submitted with original signatures and notarized. An electronic version of the argument must also be concurrently presented to the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission of the electronic document alone does not constitute the official submission of an argument.
8) Arguments not meeting the specifications outlined above will be returned along with the publication fee to the submitting party. If the due date has not yet passed the argument may be re-submitted. Defects noted by the City Clerk after the due date may be remedied and resubmitted within two business days of notification by the City Clerk.
9) Arguments will be submitted for inclusion into the publicity pamphlet that will be mailed to the home of each registered voter prior to the election on November 6, 2018.
Please direct questions to the Bullhead City Clerk’s Office at 928-763-9400, ext. 468, or email@example.com.